Re: StupidCaliFornicated

From: David Crook (dcrook@mminternet.com)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 09:01:19 PDT

At 11:48 AM 4/19/01 -0700, Tom WSMF wrote:
>On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, David Crook wrote:
>
>--]Should I send you a banjo or something Tom?
>--]
>
>Ah yes, the oregonian as redneck thing.
>
>Your right of course. We is all darn tooting rednecks and dats okeydokey.
>Next time yall roaming round dees here parts, yall stop on by. I hear
>tell you got a right pretty mouth.
>
>squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for me , go squeeeeeeeeeeeee like a piggy.
>
>(meanwhile, being in a tech town with mad bandwidth, a good job market, a
>decent place to live at great prices, breathtaking nature , and the home
>of powells books I just get the biggest laugh form the "we are teh world,
>everything outside us is redneck country" types. Heck, i used to be one
>being born and raised in NYC. But rather than letting my mind stay in that
>state of ignorance I have expanded. so wallow in your over priced blacout
>riddled scarscape of a state and think pleasent superior thoughts all you
>want, yall cant front when revelation comes.)

Tom,

Have you been outside of Portland? No, the yuppiefied landscape of burbs
around it don't count. The rest of Oregon is redneck country, less drawl,
more flannel. Learn some more about your adopted state.

Besides, you're the one that started with the stereotype thang to begin
with. I'm going to educate you on something that you aren't going to want
to hear. You know those leased lexus and landcruiser NIMBY yuppie types
living out in the burbs around you. The ones you thought were from Cali
and were "Californicating" the place. Raising up the demand for Starbucks
and other chain stores, etc.

They're Oregon natives. Really, just go ask. That IS the native Portland
"culture" you're looking at. The funny part is when I'm up in that area
I'm think that its just like Orange country, but with more trees. Face it
dude, you might have well moved to Irvine.

I have heard that Powells is a great book store, haven't been there though.

Dave

BTW - In case you haven't figured it out yet, no one down here really cares
if the power goes off for a bit. Most people have seen through the scam
that the power companies are playing on us. We know were being screwed, but
there isn't much we can do about it.