Re: Stick a FoRK in it: Bitzi

From: Karl Anderson (kra@monkey.org)
Date: Sat Apr 21 2001 - 13:43:59 PDT

"Gordon Mohr" <gojomo@bitzi.com> writes:

> I'd like to invite interested FoRKers to visit the developer
> preview of my company's Bitzi service, at:
>
> http://bitzi.com/preview

This could be great for anal and lazy people like myself who get all
steamed by filesharers who don't bother to keep the proper metadata
about their resources.

Would be nice to see some actual useful tags, though. I didn't see
any useful info in the top rated tags other than an ID.

> In a nutshell, Bitzi aims to be a community-generated and
> -maintained catalog about arbitrary kinds of files. Think equal
> parts DMOZ, Epinions, and CDDB -- except the objects being
> described are files, tracked by their cryptographic hashes.

Are you going to add more metadata options for this, or what? The
current options are pretty limited.

How could this enable something like pointers to Crit or What's
Related for arbitrary files?

--
Karl Anderson      kra@monkey.org           http://www.monkey.org/~kra/