Re: Shiitake recipes

From: Sara Min (groovewitch@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 21 2001 - 07:08:56 PDT

take the shittakes, some cremini's and some portobellos. slice em into
whatever size you prefer to wrap those mandibles around. finely chop
shallots. melt 1/2 stick of butter in saucepan. saute shallots for a bit
until shiny then throw in the mushrooms. you want to throw in the other 1/2
of the butter and reduce until you have very soft mushrooms in a nice
thick-n-thigh busting gravy. spoon over some good crusty bread. mmmmmm.

Note: the mushroom-to-shallot ratio is entirely up to you, per taste. more
mushrooms than shallots tho. You may need more than 1 stick of butter as
well. This dish is QUITE delicious and will taste like cow dung if you
substitute fake hydrogenated spread for the butter. even using olive oil
doesn't work as well. Trust me. (=-}

buon appetito!
  .sara.