wiring / wireless

From: Michael Sippey (michael@theobvious.com)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 14:30:00 PDT

so i'm in the middle of a massive renovation project of a former masonic
temple in north berkeley. we're turning it into a home with a really open
floor plan, and i need to make some decisions about wiring. since this is
fairly forward looking bunch, i thought i'd turn to y'all for some advice.

- network cabling, or 802.11b?

- phone wiring, or all cordless?

- speakers?

- cable tv?

the open floor plan means fewer accessible walls for jacks, but the
crawlspace underneath is decent, so we could come up through the floor.

if you were building a home from scratch, what would you do?

-michael