Re: Both Snides Now

From: Jeff Bone (jbone@jump.net)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 10:36:19 PDT

Grlygrl201@aol.com wrote:

> When you've had some experience in the private sector and come from a
> business background, you realize that the government doesn't create
> prosperity. All it can do is help create conditions favorable to prosperity,
> he said.

...Or hinder it, as the case may be. In general, I'd just be thrilled with a gov't
whose policy was to keep the hell out of the way.

BTW, "help." *HELP.* The gov't wants to help? Thanks, but no thanks.

  "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the
government and I'm here to help'".
        - Ronald Reagan, 1986

jb (emphatically *not* a Reagan fan, but he was spot on in that one.)