RE: Sony Stock

From: Lisa Dusseault (lisa@xythos.com)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 07:19:10 PDT

Actually, if you can do this for your kids or relatives kids I advise it.
One of the coolest presents I ever got was from my grandfather (a self-made,
self-taught businessman): he bought me a small block of shares of Coca-cola
Canada, when the stock was created for the first time for the Canadian stock
market. He thought it was a good buy, but mostly he wanted me to have a big
incentive to learn about stocks and the things you can do with them.

I did in fact start learning about stocks. I watched the price carefully
which meant that for the first time I was opening the business section of
the Globe and Mail or the Waterloo Record. I weathered a few ups and downs.
When I finally sold the stock it was up 2/3 from when I'd received it, and
as I recall the sale helped finance something pretty important to me near
the end of university (but I can't remember if it was my car or my trip to
europe).

lisa