Re: Old photos and mystory

From: Strata Rose Chalup (strata@virtual.net)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 17:11:22 PDT

18.62.0.7, eddie.mit.edu, yeah!

But they don't show the 10 net at MIT, which xx.lcs.mit.edu and oz.ai.mit.edu
were on; I guess it wasn't officially NSFNet at that time, or maybe had been
renumbered. XX at least was on the BBN Net 10 IMP upstairs on the 9th floor
at Tech Square; wasn't paying attention to such things when they swapped that
out and renum'd, not sure when that was.

_SRC

Tom WSMF wrote:

> Sometimes I see things on the net that snap home the long strange trip its
> been. Dig this photo
>
> http://www.computerhistory.org/exhibits/internet_history/full_size_images/nsfnet_map.gif
>
> Now find 196.26.20 (NJIT) That was where I started the mayhem on the net.
> Before that it was all BBS land and floppys.
>
> Postcards from the past.

> \ /
> X ASCII Ribbon Campaign
> / \ Against HTML Mail

Strata Rose Chalup [KF6NBZ]                      strata "@" virtual.net
VirtualNet Consulting                            http://www.virtual.net/
 ** Project Management & Architecture for ISP/ASP Systems Integration **