Re: Microsoft's Astounding Arrogance

From: Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 14:15:06 PDT

"Adam L. Beberg" wrote:

> You can, and Microsoft does. End of story. And with king Bush running the
> show, it will stay that way at least another 4 years.

Luckily, King Bush has not yet been elected King of the World. In some
places, government actually _mandates_ use of OpenSource systems.
Because they're cheaper, and because you have the source, and can
check whatever Easter eggs might be in there.

> We're in another wave of mass consolidation, so Microsoft will continue to
> own more and more of the app space almost daily. Microsoft won, and all the

Microsoft who? Oh yeah, them. I own a few CDs with their warez. Never
used them: way too buggy, and don't come with dev tools. Pretty useless.

> dot-com and /. kiddies in the world whining about it will not hurt them one
> bit, because Microsoft will just add anything useful to people that _BUY_
> things to WinXP.

I wonder why you're so fixated on these Redmond people. They're pretty
much invisible from where I sit. If some people insist to play the
hypnotized bunny, they do seem to have an obsessive-compulsive disorder.