Goon but never forgoten

From: Tom WSMF (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 21:06:12 PDT

It breaks my heart to post this. I have only fodn the mans genius in the
last 6 years. I heard about it since I was a kid, being a python fan, but
it was not till i got hookd on MP3 Old Time Radio that I realized the
genius that were and are the Goons.

Ing Ti Iddle I Po to our rotund dear friend who I have only met through
speakers.

"Sir Harry Secombe, the entertainer from Swansea famed for his work with
The Goon Show, has died aged 79.
He died on Wednesday afternoon in the Guildford Hospital from prostate
cancer with his wife, Myra, at his bedside.

The Secombe family said in a statement: "We are grieving for a wonderful
man, and a much loved husband, father and grandfather."

And a statement from Prince Charles, a long-established fan of the Goons,
said: "I was deeply saddened to learn of the death of Sir Harry Secombe,
to whom I spoke only recently in hospital.

"He was one of the great life enhancers of our age and gave pleasure and
constant happy laughter to so many of us throughout his life."
"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/entertainment/newsid_1272000/1272634.stm

      \ /
       X ASCII Ribbon Campaign