[FWD: Server 54, Where Are You?]

From: Rodent of Unusual Size (Ken.Coar@Golux.Com)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 14:42:11 PDT

If I were a gambling person, I would wager that it
was not running Windows.. :-)

--
#ken    P-)}

Ken Coar <http://Golux.Com/coar/> Apache Software Foundation <http://www.apache.org/> "Apache Server for Dummies" <http://Apache-Server.Com/> "Apache Server Unleashed" <http://ApacheUnleashed.Com/>

attached mail follows:

Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 17:20:23 -0400 (EDT) From: "Steven W. Orr" <steveo@world.std.com> Subject: Server 54, Where Are You? (fwd)

Forwarded-by: Martin Hebrank <martin@neolug.org> From: InformationWeek 4/9/01

** Server 54, Where Are You?

The University of North Carolina has finally found a network server that, although missing for four years, hasn't missed a packet in all that time.

Try as they might, university administrators couldn't find the server. Working with Novell, IT workers tracked it down by meticulously following cable until they literally ran into a wall. The server had been mistakenly sealed behind drywall by maintenance workers. - John Rendleman