Re: FoRK COMPAQ and all their seed unto the Nth generation

From: Stephen D. Williams (sdw@lig.net)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 10:17:51 PDT

I agree... Compaq is 'banned for life'. They're following in TI's PC
footsteps. I recommend retail-store buyers go for HP which has never
caused me problems. I recently purchased a nice 1.5Ghz Pentium 4 HP at
Costco in Honolulu to replace a pair of Compaqs that had had problems
nonstop since inception.

On a similar note, MCI is banned for life also.

MS, ... you get the idea. (Of course MS is going to be a necessary
'evil' for a while.)

My personal lemon law. They've earned 50 years or so of disparagement
from me.

sdw

--
sdw@lig.net  http://sdw.st