FoRK COMPAQ and all their seed unto the Nth generation

From: Rodent of Unusual Size (Ken.Coar@Golux.Com)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 09:46:50 PDT

<vent>

Right, well, COMPAQ is now off my list of approved
vendors for my personal computing needs. Forever,
barring something akin to a miracle.

They have decided that my 3-year extension warranty
expires on the anniversary of system delivery, NOT
x-warranty purchase, which shortens the term by more
than four months and differs from the verbal explanation
given me when I bought the x-warranty.

Their only suggestion was that I contact the rep
who sold me the warranty -- almost 3 years ago! -- and
ask him why he misled me.

So now I have about six weeks of warranty coverage left,
rather than seventeen. Maybe I will get the last nagging
problems fixed w/in the term and maybe not (time is my
enemy), but I definitely am NOT well-disposed toward
COMPAQ's laptop division, and have no intention of ever
buying anything from them again. And at least until I
cool down, I *do* have the intention of letting others
know what I think of COMPAQ. Which is "Buy Alpha servers,
but not directly from COMPAQ, and do not buy anything else
from COMPAQ under any circumstances unless you are a masochist."

</vent>

--
#ken    P-(}

Ken Coar <http://Golux.Com/coar/> Apache Software Foundation <http://www.apache.org/> "Apache Server for Dummies" <http://Apache-Server.Com/> "Apache Server Unleashed" <http://ApacheUnleashed.Com/>