Re: Welcome to 'tool' confusion

From: Morbus Iff (morbus@disobey.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 10:47:53 PDT

>Again the question to FoRKies is: "what EXACTLY that genuine real world
>average users need doesn't come already included in their $700 PC, or can be
>downloaded free?"

Welp, I don't see it in terms of need/don't need. I see it in terms of
improving an existing need (although I don't agree that Hailstorm is
improving a need).

When I was born, I knew about air, milk, and baby food. Milk tasted good.
It provided me with a liquid sustenance and all the vitamins and minerals I
should have. It was all that I needed. Then, I had soda. Man, sode tasted
*different* than Milk! And it came in different flavors?!

Was it good for me? No. Was it a change from my drab necessities? Yes!
Did I need soda? No. Was my mother's nipple always around? Yeah.

Do I need anything more than an IM? No.

Do I need an instant messenger that can send email, buy flowers for my gf
whilst I sleep, and tell me when some college chick's dirty panties are up
for sale on eBay? Of course not, but lord knows, if I can get dirty panties
delivered to me via surprise mail, I'm a happy (and doghoused) camper.

Morbus Iff
.sig on other machine.
http://www.disobey.com/
http://www.gamegrene.com/