RE: Tivo, Fair Use, Video-in-the-Cloud, and Vidster

From: Jeffrey Kay (jkay@ENGENIA.COM)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 08:44:06 PDT

Good notes. I went ahead and ordered the BookPC from Aaronix -- they
apparently have them in stock. I'll probably pick up the rest of the stuff
locally since I have a good source that seems to be priced competitively
with everyone else. My main concern is the memory -- I heard these boxes
have clearance issues with some of the memory sticks. I already have the
Hauppage WinTV USB device, so I'll use that with snapstream to do video
recording. Does the Dazzle device have a tuner? It doesn't seem to.

I'm trying to decide what processor to put in the system. I'd like to be
able to record and play video at the same time, so I'm thinking a PIII,
maybe as much as 800 MHz. Any thoughts?

jeffrey kay <jkay@engenia.com>
chief technology officer, engenia software, inc.
"first get your facts, then you can distort them at your leisure" -- mark
twain
"golf is an endless series of tragedies obscured by the occasional miracle"
-- sports illustrated
"if A equals success, then the formula is A equals X plus Y plus Z. X is
work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." -- albert einstein