RE: Tivo, Fair Use, Video-in-the-Cloud, and Vidster

From: Gavin Thomas Nicol (gtn@ebt.com)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 12:13:56 PDT

> The BookPC approach intrigues me for replacing VCR1 with the BookPC. I
> would also likely replace my DVD player too.

That's my current setup. I'm trying to get it to work with DirecTV,
and then I'll be all set.

> thought. I'd probably need to deck the system out with a PIII
> and at least 256 MB RAM to be able to do two of those things at
> the same time.

My BookPC has 80GB disk, 512MB memory, and an 800Mhz PIII. Altogether
it cost about $600 or so.

If I can get it hooked up to DirecTV, my thought was to have it act
as a video server for the house.

It's a fun toy if nothing else :-)