Re: Linux equivalent to Age of Empires? (a request)

From: Tom WSMF (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 08:40:47 PDT

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Justin Mason wrote:

--]
--]Tom WSMF said:
--]
--]> Incase the first post was lost on the crowd, "black and white" google it,
--]> learn it, live it, be in awe.
--]
--]So you've got it I presume, and it's as good as the hype claims? Cool!
--]

My wife usualy hates games. This weekend she sat and watched me play B and
W for about 3 hours. We had lunch around it. She started gettting into
making decissions, looking out when Cowboy (our Creature) was getting
hungry or eating the natives or, much to our amusement, taking large dumps
on the natives. Bad bad Cowboy. It took us about 15 mins to potty train
it. IF it poops in the farmlands the crops grow bigger.

The richness of the game, the total openess of the decission tree, the
gesture based input system, the interations with the
world/natives/creatures/otherplayers..

Once again a Game shows the world what is possible with tech. I have to
laugh at the fools still trying to do box and line style VR. I also hav to
ask, WHY THE FUCK CANT MY DESKTOP BE LIKE THIS. screw KDE scre gnome screw
winblows and double screw apple....this is what my work environment should
be, or at least have the ability to be viewed as by me.

For those who think Davinci was just some crazy nut with a paint brush go
head back to AOL land and live by the TOS. FOr those who see life for the
possibilites, run do not walk to get Black and WHite.

      \ /
       X ASCII Ribbon Campaign
      / \ Against HTML Mail