RE: Tivo, Fair Use, Video-in-the-Cloud, and Vidster

From: Jeffrey Kay (jkay@ENGENIA.COM)
Date: Sat Mar 31 2001 - 11:57:51 PST

Interesting thought -- I just looked into the Book PC units. It looks like
everything I'd want, except that it doesn't seem to have the equivalent of a
digital output (either optical or coax) so that I can run the audio through
my regular system. Do you know of anything that supports that? Which USB
vidcap system do you use? Does it support/have you built the "timer"
interface to record TV shows? Does your vidcap device have a tuner on it or
are you using some other tuner?

jeffrey kay <jkay@engenia.com>
chief technology officer, engenia software, inc.
"first get your facts, then you can distort them at your leisure" -- mark
twain
"golf is an endless series of tragedies obscured by the occasional miracle"
-- sports illustrated
"if A equals success, then the formula is A equals X plus Y plus Z. X is
work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." -- albert einstein