RE: ReiserFS (was: Re: currency vs. stability; was: some crap)

From: Gavin Thomas Nicol (gtn@ebt.com)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 04:41:35 PST

> > ReiserFS is a requirement for me, at least for laptops and servers.
>
> I didn't know ReiserRS was stable enough to be useful for anyone?
> I'd love to run it but I figured I'd have to wait a while if I didn't
> want to live with the possibility of nuking my laptop (which is my life).

Runs like a champ in Mandrake 7.2. Very fast for systems with lot's of
small files... I have one directory structire with many directories
contaning 7000+ files, and reiserfs is clearly a winner in performance.

Also, never turn off the power on an ext2 system without syncing.
I lost most of a CVS repository that had been running for months,
because a cleaner tripped over the cord into the machine... I learned
a lesson that day.