Re: Computer biz singularity

From: Eugene Leitl (Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 01:10:53 PST

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Udhay Shankar N wrote:

> The assumption behind this appears to be that software written in India
> will be dirt cheap. I'm not so sure about that, given that the ambition of

Good people will always be expensive (in comparison to peons).
Demographics is better in the developing countries, but you have still
need to use excellent tools, schooling, some experience and the right mind
to develop outstanding software. That's a rather hard filter.

The question is whether there's a market for such a thing. Currently, most
people seem to be content with crap.