Re: 1 meter diagonal LCD displays by 2003 for approx US $3000

From: Eugene Leitl (Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 00:47:54 PST

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Chuck Murcko wrote:

> "Had to get the set fixed the other day. Needed a new color motor."

There used to be a viewfinder for a cam using a paperwhite phosphor mini
CRT and a synched RGB colour wheel. Structureless pixels, nice colors.
Wanted to hack one for a HMD, never had the cash. Then LCD viewfinders
started to dominate.

> Maybe that's now in our future.

I hope solid-state display HUD is in our future. That, and video
projectors. I'll be keeping a white wall in my flat free for that purpose.
But these metal halide lamps are a bit too expensive still, so you can't
run it 24/7.