Re: cell phones, head sets, guns, and idiots

From: Chuck Murcko (chuck@topsail.org)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 21:59:07 PST

Yeah, I actually think the review by police is a Good Thing; it's the
possible conclusion that makes me feel queasy, especially considering
the legal fine print in these situations.

After all, all the facts we know are from the newspaper's web site. So
we'll see what turns up. When the carjacker actually got shot will be
crucial to the police investigation's conclusion. Did the news report
get events in the right order? I have no idea.

IMO if you're going to carry, it's a good idea to know the relevant laws
*and* have $10k or so stashed for legal defense if you ever have to
draw. The first is simply being responsible, the second is being
prudent, because responsible sometimes isn't good enough anymore.