Re: AOL aid in an open source IM project

From: Joseph S Barrera III (joe@barrera.org)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 12:51:20 PST

And lo, Tom WSMF saith unto us:

> Heres an article that shows just how happpy and freindly AOL is to the
> community at large. Wheee
>
> http://gaim.sourceforge.net/oscar.shtml

Wow, that's impressive. I wonder what happens when AOL has to rev
aim.exe? They can't have the servers recognizing an arbitrarily large
number of old aim.exe's, can they? I wonder if they'll just embed the
current aim.exe in all subsequent ones.

Or... they could just insist that users be with n revs of the most
recent aim.exe. Which would be evil but typical.

- Joe