Re: Next hype to go for

From: Frank Bergmann (fork@fraber.de)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 06:05:05 PST

Tom Hume wrote:

> Also looking at your list, I see Java was
> getting fairly panned (except in the back-end);
> Symbian are taking great pains to emphasise
> their Java support at the moment - with some
> decent SDKs out there, and Java being
> included in all their current reference designs.

Yes, I saw this. But honestly, we once had to
recommend a client to upgrade their memory to
128MByte to run a poor Java app on a production
line, so itīs difficult for me to imagine that any
reasonable Java game could run in the 8M of an
Epoc. And itīs so slow!

Did you make positive experiences with that
environment?

Frank