Re: Mailing List Etiquette, was: Re: RTTP-- any comments?

From: Lorin Rivers (lrivers@realsoftware.com)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 17:23:42 PST

At 4:18 PM -0500 3/28/01, Stephen D. Williams wrote:
>Strata Rose Chalup wrote:
> >
><SNiP>
> > FoRK seems to lack a lot of mailing list etiquette, most notably that
>> where folks reply only to the list-- no problem with your msg, Mark, but
>> the huge spewing replies to the MS/AOL/TLA thing have had huge headerlists.

Please tell me about a list where people adhere to even normal
standards of polite behavior! I'd love to experience it, just for the
change of pace...

><snip>
>There is one other reason to use 'Reply All':

I've found that the most common use for Reply All is sharing personal
info with n-1 more people than intended.

"God, Mr. Fuqua is SUCH AN ASS!"

followed by

"Obviously, that was not meant for the everyone" or "you're fired".

--

Lorin Rivers 512.263.1233 x712 v Product Manager 512.263.1441 f REAL Software, Inc. mailto:lrivers@realsoftware.com PMB 220 http://www.realsoftware.com 3300 Bee Caves Road, Suite 650 Austin, Texas 78746 REALbasic: the powerful, easy-to-use tool for creating your own software for Macintosh, Mac OS X, and Windows.