Re: [Jeff Covey @ Freshmeat] We Are Losing the Browser War

From: Tom WSMF (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 08:36:34 PST

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Eugene Leitl wrote:

--]Sure it's tainted, as it ships broken out of the box. Same applies to
--]Mandrake. Useful as a dektop (heck, I'm using it right now), but I'd stay
--]away from installing them on a server, particularly a world-visible
--]server. I'd go with Debian or a *BSD here.
--]

As of Oct my prefernce was with Mandrake for an tech end user system
win NT for non tech end users and *BSD for an production system. These
were the last two recomendations I made to the folks in purchasing
postions. In the places that implemented this adivse both admins and
purchasers are still happy.

Mandrake , at the time, just had the hands down better install. THey didi
a really good job of taking the RH idea, and source:)-, and fixing what
thier user base was telling them was broken.

      \ /
       X ASCII Ribbon Campaign
      / \ Against HTML Mail