Re: [Jeff Covey @ Freshmeat] We Are Losing the Browser War

From: Tom WSMF (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 15:11:30 PST

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Stephen D. Williams wrote:

--]"Bill will do anything for 5 million users.".
--]
--]My personal opinion is that if the Justice department wasn't still after
--]MS, AOL would have already switched to Netscape. To do it now would
--]reduce standing which was already injured by the Netscape/Sun/AOL
--]musical chairs.

What a bunch of tinkerbellhandclapping.

--]
--]I believe you are wrong about that. The specific intent for Gecko was
--]that it was componentized. I've heard nothing to dispute this, although
--]I haven't seen it used this way.

IN all its years of owning Netscraper AOL has done diddly to raise it up
from its garage sale status.

--]This would be trivial at this point. In fact, I'm pretty sure you could
--]do it by just rewriting the XML that configures Netscape6/Mozilla's GUI.

Do it, Sell it. If your right you wil have a stampeed of right thinking
folk at your door.

--]> While Im at it... Why is it that everyone wants this switch
--]> to happen ? Aside from the fact that "IE doesnt run on Linux"
--]> what is the fucking problem? Every review on the planet
--]
--]M O N O P O L Y
--]Illegal, anti-competitive, annoying business practices

L O O S E R
Being beaten into submission by superior forces and then whinning about
it. See WCW.

--]> Even IE has done a better job, Windows, Mac, Solaris, HPUX.
--]> While Linux may be a competitor in spirit, Solaris and HPUX
--]> are far more realistic competitors *today* in that they
--]> directly take away NT sales, especially in the server room.
--]
--]And Linux doesn't? You need to check around more. Linux eats NT's
--]lunch for a lot of small shops out there and a number of large ones.

NUmbers number lets see some numbers. All this second hand tinkerbellisms
is nice for the choir but youll have to sell the rest.

--]I disagree but I won't produce hard numbers at this point.

"I belive i belive...."

So once again we have something based on rah rah bolsterism (the very
thing that has kept APPLe firmly in its under 10% coccon all this time)
and hopzzanas to the choirs with little connection to monetray foundations
or facts.

Sound like the Tech Bubble? Sound like a lot of things that go POp ?

      \ /
       X ASCII Ribbon Campaign
      / \ Against HTML Mail