Re: [Jeff Covey @ Freshmeat] We Are Losing the Browser War

From: Karl Anderson (kra@monkey.org)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 10:27:21 PST

"Stephen D. Williams" <sdw@lig.net> writes:

> Of course sites often abuse capabilities like Flash.

I learned that having flash installed crashes my browser (netscape
4.72 on redhat 6.2, approx. 2 year old hardware) when I visit some
sites. That makes flash currently unviewable under linux, as far as
I'm concerned. Designers that use flash are shutting out linux users
(at least the majority that use my vanilla setup), and if they
don't know that, they haven't done jack for usability testing.

--
Karl Anderson      kra@monkey.org           http://www.monkey.org/~kra/