Re: [Jeff Covey @ Freshmeat] We Are Losing the Browser War

From: Tom WSMF (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 12:14:05 PST

On Sun, 25 Mar 2001 Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de wrote:

--]Consumers want proprietary incompatible crap? Fine, let them have it.
--]I'm not a consumer, and there are plenty of open standards and packages
--]adhering to said standards. Several realities can exist orthogonally to
--]each other on the same infrastructure.
--]

Bingo

The need to make the rest of the world act as you do , beacuse you
know "its for thier own good", is the Fatal Conceit.

Every one can take a path. Some roads may not be open to all (full flash
sites) but if the data is valuable enough to you, a way will be found.

--]If I need to make a connection: since Bertelsmann gives away free KoMpaKs,
--]I'll put that piece of offal somewhere where I can't see it, and access it
--]via VNC, when I need to read some incompatible proprietary crap, or start
--]up some FineReader warez to produce some OCRd treekiller warez to inject
--]into Freenet and MojoNation. (I hope Whoreo is doing the same, do you, Tom?).

I do what i can vi other routes. Recently I ve been into the Snailmail
distro of full cds of this stuff, all manner of stuff. Being that its off
net the particulars of good and bad lessen somewhat.

In my ageing i have found that one to as many is not always the best way
to distrib. As many does not offer such a impact as As MAny WHo Really
Want.

And to get back to basics, the best distro method , above kwaza above free
net above mojo above crapster is still and will be until something else
betters it...Usenet.

I shit you not, more has been gottenand more transfered on the net via
usenet than with any three other net based distro methods. My otr and book
compadres will attest to this is numbers too big to ignore.

      \ /
       X ASCII Ribbon Campaign
      / \ Against HTML Mail