Re: GAB Picks

From: peterjkilby (peterjkilby@email.msn.com)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 14:35:06 PST

Jeff wrote

> So what does CMGI take out of the ground?

Itself judging by this extract from [1]

Steven Frankel, an analyst at Adams Harkness & Hill, said Wetherell's only
choice is to roll up his sleeves and rebuild the company from the ground up
with the help of a seasoned chief operating officer, which the company
doesn't have yet. "CMGI originally came out of a venture capital
environment," he said. "It's more focused on building and selling rather
than operating."

> So what does CMGI put back into the ground? Besides the discarded shards
of my
> soul which Dave Wetherell has buried in his backyard? Those don't count.

Itself ? On or around Jun 27 2001 according to
http://www.downside.com/deathwatch.html

Maybe I should have said Caterpillar the equiv of our JCB ;-)

[1] http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/INV20010109S0005