More on Network Solutions and domain name renewals

From: Udhay Shankar N (udhay@pobox.com)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 03:41:01 PST

I recently transferred a domain name from Network Solutions to opensrs.net.
The request for transfer was approved on 21 Feb 2001. However, today (23
March 2001) I receive a renewal notice from NSI for this same domain, for
two years (=USD 70).

The following possibilities suggest themselves to me:

* the accounts division of NSI has no clue what the registration division
of NSI is up to.

* the notice got delivered late, and thus, it is the postal department's
fault rather than NSI. A glance at the postmark (22 March 2001) puts that
theory to rest.

* NSI is just out to get as much money as it can out of unsuspecting
ex-customers who might pay the bill without checking.

Draw your own conclusions.

Udhay Shankar N

--
Udhay Shankar N                      <udhay @ pobox.com>