Re: martyrdom

From: Joseph S. Barrera III (joe@barrera.org)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 03:17:39 PST

Phil Carmody a écrit:
> You're sick sick puppies with one track minds.

That's not true. My mind has several tracks. :->

> To a Brit, to top yourself is to commit suicide.

Yep, figured that out after finding a British site titled something
like "music to top yourself for".

I'm surprised I've never heard the phrase, given that my in-laws are
British and that I spend a fair amount of time
reading/watching/listening to British stuff.

Speaking of which, I finally read Douglas Adams's two Dirk Gently
books, which I guess are kind of required reading for this list, given
the "interconnectedness of all things" theme, which came out of the
first book (Dirk Gently's Holistic...), but I actually preferred the
second book (Long Dark Teatime of the Soul). He's getting better at
character development. I really liked the character of Thor.

- Joe