Re: Reform This

From: Jeff Bone (jbone@jump.net)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 07:51:34 PST

> so you want to regulate the LEGAL SYSTEM instead?

There's a huge difference. Tort reform would only require laws on the book ---
the legal system would then be its own regulatory body. No need for some huge
third-party bureaucracy to oversee the process.

> the rubber of your ideal will never meet the reality of the road here, my
> good man. next?

What the hell is the matter with you, Geege? Why in the world are you such an
apologist for the status quo? Let's see if I understand your position
correctly:

  * tort reform is unnecessary, and a bad thing
  * our existing tax system is appropriate and good
  * regulation is a good thing as-is, and well-executed
  * bureaucracies as-is are
     * right-sized
     * efficient
     * effective
     * optimally expensive
  * gov't from afar is good and more appropriate than local gov't
  * we all need to be protected from ourselves
  * paternal government is benign and appropriate
  * everyone's interests are currently represented fairly
  * all evil in the world adheres to rich corps and individuals
  * anyone who disagrees must favor fascism / dictatorship

Is that about right? You're one wacky chick, Geege.

Love ya, babesy.

jb