RE: Microsoft co-opts open source approach?

From: Joseph S. Barrera III (joe@barrera.org)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 22:33:15 PST

Edward Jung a écrit:
> My issue wasn't for a vanilla build, it's when you change the source tree,
> as key dependencies are built into the build.exe executable.

Ah, I see your point.
Yes, build.exe is an evil evil beast.
I never figured out what was wrong with just using make.

... but customers with source access will presumably not run into this
issue, since they'll be making minor changes if any, and thus not
changing anything that will confuse or conflict with build.exe.

- Joe