Re: Why "progressive" tax schemes are evil

From: Tom WSMF (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 13:27:25 PST

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Jeff Bone wrote:

--]> From: "Matt Jensen" <mattj@newsblip.com>
--]> > [Oh, wait. I should have made that broader. Not only are Tom and Jeff
--]> > against laws "for your own good", they're against laws "for the good of
--]> > others".]

What if there were laws in place to regulate stock investment? What if
before you made a stock trade it had to be approved for soundness, set by
some regulatory body?

I mean you cant be expect to be accountable for the unpredictablilty of
the market, you cant expect eveyone to be up to speed on common market
workings.

Given the recent awakening of the market I have been hearing mutted crys
of "But i was told it would last forever, why didnt some one tell me..."
and "It shoulndt have collapsed, whos to blame.."

As if magicaly, simply becasue lots of folks wanted it to be
so, the laws of gravity were revoked when it came to stock prices.

Theres a base of laws, written or unwritten, that seem to show a
reprecusion for an action. If this is done expect that. If it doesnt
happen, either your the excpetion or hang on, payback will get ya in a
few.

So to we still have folks who do crimes that land them in jail with a
bewildered look of "i thought i could get away with it". Think of it this
way, if you jump off the Empire state, whats going to keep you from
falling? Ernest thoughts or a pair of wings. So if your going to break a
law or jump off a building, or invest in a market that has no foundation
of stability, rmember to pack an escape clause.

(note well i do not say all crime, all investments or all building jumpers
have this attitude. Many do these deeds knowing full well the risks and
for whatever reasoning think they have a way around it. Better luck next
time comes to mind.)

      \ /
       X ASCII Ribbon Campaign
      / \ Against HTML Mail