Re: Why "progressive" tax schemes are evil

From: Tony Berkman (tberkman@rcn.com)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 10:57:16 PST

Unfortunately, once you are strapped with debt you lose a lot of you
personal freedom. Many people are addicted to credit the way they are
addicted to heroin or gambling and once it becomes a sickness the ability
to do make rational responsible choices dissapears. My point is that many
companies feed off of this addiction like parasites - like the crack dealer
on the street corner.

Sure, people get themselves into there own messes but the Govt. does bear
some responsibility and the status quo does not work very well!

And I don't know why you got so damned offended by the libertarian
crack? Do you, in fact, believe there should be any paternal
laws? Heroin? Prostitution? Seat Belts?