Re: Becoming our mother?

From: JTS - MCDLXXXVI (jts7@duke.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 07:16:19 PST

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Matt Jensen wrote:
> > Actually attacking the "super rich" does nobody any good.
> What exactly do you mean, 'it does nobody any good?' We're discussing tax
> fairness, and you want to put off-limits discussion of the richest people?
> Please explain.

Not off-limits, discuss all you like. What I was alluding to (and
failing, apparently) is the comparatively minute gains you produce when
taxing the super rich heavily. Thanks (seriously) to your definitions of
tax and income levels, calling "super rich" the income levels of $1M/yr
or more, there's not a whole lot of folks making that money. Taxing them
to death isn't the answer, IMO, or even approaching the answer.

        JTS