Re: Why "progressive" tax schemes are evil

From: Grlygrl201@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 15:18:42 PST

In a message dated 3/19/01 12:06:43 PM Eastern Standard Time, jbone@jump.net
writes:

<< Capital investment by "those who have" is what drives our society. I can't
 *BELIEVE* the unmitigated gall exhibited by "those who have not" when they
 suggest that "those who have" should not benefit proportionally from the
risks
 they take, the sacrifices they make, and the hard work they put in to
creating
 their own wealth! >>

i guess i'm under the impression that those who have pass on their costs
associated with risk to the average-wage earner (or crack whore, as they're
perceived by libertarians). what i see as progressive: GREATER PERCENTAGE OF
WEALTH HELD BY FEWER PEOPLE, progressively more each year.

regarding percentage of taxes paid (another post i'm too lazy to look for
now) is it not true that anything over $800k in income is not taxed?

geege