[CNET] Notebook Makers Prepare 1GHz Blitz

From: Robert S. Thau (rst@ai.mit.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 05:22:25 PST

Adam Rifkin writes:
> Does anyone actually *need* a gigahertz on the road?
>
> http://quicken.cnet.com/news/0-1006-200-5160085.html

When I bought my current machine, I had a choice between two clock
rates; 200-odd vs. 300-odd for a few hundred extra dollars (this was a
while ago). I would have gone for the slower machine even if the
prices were reversed --- it had significantly more battery life. That
said, if you're treating it a a portable desktop and running it off
wall power, why not?

rst