Re: Ginger discussed on Today Show?

From: Matt Jensen (mattj@newsblip.com)
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 11:10:12 PST

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Eugene Leitl wrote:

> You could build a building for 10^6 people which is walkable.

Walkable, but not livable.

> Yeah, arcologies are stalling. Monkeys are just too dumb to understand
> the value of cooperation on a large scale.

You mean all Quality of Life issues can be boiled down to a single number?
Maybe fuel efficiency + cost of construction materials? I doubt it.

People have decided they don't like living in gleaming Buck Rogers towers
that are half a mile high. It's because they sense they're being turned
into social insects, and they resent it. But that's the average person.
Eugene, maybe you're smart enough to want to live in the giant hive? :-)

-Matt Jensen
 NewsBlip.com
 Seattle