Re: Ginger discussed on Today Show?

From: Karl Anderson (kra@monkey.org)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2001 - 11:46:42 PST

Bill King <BillK@opendesign.com> writes:

> On Monday, March 12, 2001 7:09 PM, Wayne E Baisley wrote from Chez Baiz:
>
> > Someday, there will be a global vehicle routing system that will allow
> > my car to drive me anywhere that I might want to go (or at least to the
> > popular destinations), much fasterly and saferly (comparative adverbs,
> > you understand) than I could do myself, and that can even adjust for
> > most unexpected events like black ice and suicide drivers, while I read
> > or talk with the fambly. Then I'll be interested in lightweight.
>
> Here's an article about a proposed "RUF" train. You use your own little
> electric car to get to the freeway, then link up as part of a "car train".
> Hands free, talk on the phone, Internet access, take a nap, etc, while
> you're part of the train.
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2001/TECH/science/03/09/ruf.car/index.html

Yay, public transportation without the icky smelly public. This will
be the anthrophobe's dream when you get to work and dock your car into
the office. Never interact with a potentially annoying human being
again!

We do have these things called trains, already. And we do have piles
of cars sitting in parking lots around the trains, as well as
successful carsharing companies that can put these cars to use. That
would take care of at least 80% of the users of this crock of crap.

--
Karl Anderson      kra@monkey.org           http://www.monkey.org/~kra/