Re: Re: Comments please

From: jkay@engenia.com
Date: Sat Mar 10 2001 - 05:55:00 PST

I don't know if you saw my other post with the breakdown, but the retailer's markup was beside the point. One study showed it at 25%, but that number was to establish the record label's wholesale price for the purposes of breaking out the distribution costs. Using MSRP as a base isn't a bad way to approach the problem recognizing that many retailers will discount further.

jeffrey kay <jkay@engenia.com>
cto, engenia software inc.