Re: cinnamon pancakes

From: Jay Thomas (jay@thomas.vg)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 17:40:42 PST

Lucas Gonze wrote:

> Nutella - even makes swirls.
>
> - Lucas

OMG!! Now thats one I never would've thought of! And I even have half a
jar in the fridge! That may just wind up in the cakes tomorrow instead
of the chips.

What I've yet to experiment with are other flavored chips (butterscotch,
cinnamon, etc). Hate to waste a good batch of Bisquick on something
that'll get thrown out in the woods and the squirrels won't even touch.

For those of you in the New England area, best cakes I've come across -
Polly's Panckae Parlor, in the middle of nowhere, Franconia NH - They
have 6 or so different batters (buttermilk, whole wheat, corn, etc), all
sorts of flavors (last time up, pumpkin), and all the fruit
fillings/toppings. Nice drive into the mountains and nice way to
breakfast. Shame they're not open this time of year (IIRC).

--
"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those
with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig"