RE: Comments please

From: Tom WSMF (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 12:33:58 PST

Thats was an amazlingly factpacket respones. Thanks very much

Yea it did help to clear up one or two clouds I had in my head. The whole
DRM thing is truly the kicker that folks have been Holy Grailing for at
least the last 20 years. I cut my teeth on this back int he 80s with
various software copyprotection scheme. The best, at the time, was burning
laser holes in the disk:)- Once figured out though it became trivial to
defeat.

CP works at keping the unkowing masses from wholesale swapping of
software, but with cracks, key generators and passed around serial numbers
its almost worthless to the company to bother with anymore.

As for DRM for music/films its till the last .005 mile problem. Once its
in the air to hear or see it can be grabbed.

Thanks again for the post.

      \ /
       X ASCII Ribbon Campaign
      / \ Against HTML Mail