Re: [XML Bastard] XML Sucks! Fork You! No! Fork Yourself!

From: Rodent of Unusual Size (Ken.Coar@Golux.Com)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 06:26:00 PST

Jeff Bone wrote:

> That never worked for Lisp. The s-exp syntax was always
> supposed to be an internal syntax; the top-level syntax
> never got fully implemented. Once people realized it was
> forthcoming, they tried to build smarter editors --- and
> instead ended up with editors that knew a whole lot about
 parens.

Anyone want to discuss the relative merits of super-parens? }-)

--
#ken    P-)}

Ken Coar <http://Golux.Com/coar/> Apache Software Foundation <http://www.apache.org/> "Apache Server for Dummies" <http://Apache-Server.Com/> "Apache Server Unleashed" <http://ApacheUnleashed.Com/>

ApacheCon 2001! Four tracks with over 70+ sessions. Free admission to exhibits and special events - keynote presentations by John 'maddog' Hall and David Brin. Special thanks to our Platinum Sponsors IBM and Covalent, Gold Sponsor Thawte, and Silver Sponsor Compaq. Attend the only Apache event designed and fully supported by the members of the ASF. See more information and register at <http://ApacheCon.Com/>!