Re: [dvd-discuss] DeCSS comics ( A must read )

From: Karee Swift (clening@zdnetmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 12:19:46 PST

[First off, the boondocks kickit: ) I can't believe I missed this little
tidbit of expression. Please do go check this out, I give the author
serious praise for this. -BB

Also, as a side note, for the never ending campaign against stupidity,
I've recently acquired a piece of software called DECtalk. Its an amazing
little piece of programming that lets you play back text messages, tones,
telephone numbers and all sorts of fun stuff. You can change the WPM
rate as well as the voice. I think the next goal will be in the line
of Touretzky's musical renditions of DeCSS, with some minor tweaks and
a good backbeat. IF anyone is familiar, check out the 'Kit' voice at
about 350 wpm. : 0

---- Frank Andrew Stevenson <frank@funcom.com> wrote:
> The Register has a story on a DeCSS comic strip appearing in US
> newspapers:

> Finding the comics requires some navigational effort, so I have links
> the 3 strips here:
>
> http://www.ucomics.com/boondocks/viewbo.cfm?uc_full_date=20010301&uc_comic=bo&uc_daction=X
>
> http://www.ucomics.com/boondocks/viewbo.cfm?uc_full_date=20010302&uc_comic=bo&uc_daction=X
>
> http://www.ucomics.com/boondocks/viewbo.cfm?uc_full_date=20010303&uc_comic=bo&uc_daction=X
>
> frank
>
> This sentence is unique in this respect; it can safely
> be attributed to my employer, Funcom Oslo AS.
> There is no place like N59 50.558' E010 50.870'. (WGS84)
> I enjoy coffee, and support cafe: http://www.eff.org/cafe/

To get your own FREE ZDNet Onebox - FREE voicemail, email, and fax,
all in one place - sign up today at http://www.zdnetonebox.com