Re: [XML Bastard] XML Sucks! Fork You! No! Fork Yourself!

From: Tony Finch (dot@dotat.at)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 02:24:10 PST

John Klassa <klassa@cisco.com> wrote:

>I've been reading the Apache/Jakarta docs, since we're trying to build the
>next generation of our (internal) tool on JSP technology. Every flippin'
>config file is XML. Web.xml looks just like build.xml looks just like
>server.xml. It's driving me *nuts*!

Syntax colouring should help. I've been using emacs-psgml recently
because the standard sgml-mode isn't DTD-driven but is instead
configured with obfuscated lisp. The downside is that psgml has poor
syntax colouring. Sigh.

Tony.

--
f.a.n.finch      fanf@covalent.net      dot@dotat.at
SOLE: CYCLONIC BECOMING NORTHERLY 5 TO 7, OCCASIONALLY GALE 8, BECOMING