Re: [Fwd: Mail lives forever (Re: Bill Joy kicks around XML for fun :-)]

From: Stephen D. Williams (sdw@lig.net)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 16:35:40 PST

Danny O'Brien wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 04:40:02PM -0500, Stephen D. Williams wrote:
> > Robert Harley wrote:

> > This is the second message that mis-attributes this to me... Watch the
> > editing please!
> >

> On the other hand, you did forward my mail to the list without permission, so
> maybe it's some form of embdedded MUA justice.

This ... could get silly. In any case, sorry about that if you took
offense, but you replied to the wrong person so I was trying to preserve
your effort by forwarding it back to the forum where the poll was
solicited. I have an email etiquette rule that covers that loophole...
;-)

To wit:
"Joseph S. Barrera III" wrote:
->
-> Rohit Khare writes:
-> > BJ doesn't get it. Data lives forever. Programs are only mortal.
->
-> Okay, may I do a little poll, and ask everyone in what format they
-> keep their megabytes (or gigabytes) of mail?

> For the record, yeah, I know xargs (hence the phrase "command line grep") ,
> but it's still an irritation, nevertheless. Grepm's lack of maildir support is
> a bigger pain, but should be easy to fix.
>
> d.

sdw

--
sdw@lig.net                 sdw@insta.com