Re: Odd to hear an earthquake....

From: Strata Rose Chalup (strata@virtual.net)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 13:42:24 PST

Yep. I think they're getting slashdotted, or the equivalent, though-- lots
of trouble with pageloads here.

Chuck Murcko wrote:

> Some bits, also for future reference:
>
> http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/
>
> esp. if you're not sure if it was a quake or Mardi Gras. 8^) Also has some links to emergency centers/numbers, and to the other regional quake sites. This one's for the Bay area. Main site is http://earthquake.usgs.gov/
>
> Your tax dollars at work, for a change. USGS rocks, IMO.
>
> Chuck
>
> On Wednesday, February 28, 2001, at 03:48 PM, Strata Rose Chalup wrote:
>

> > Hey Tom (and any other FoRKers with comm problems due to the quake)-- Drop
> > me a note, I'll give anyone you like a jingle to let 'em know you're ok.
> >

> Chuck Murcko
> Topsail Group
> http://www.topsail.org/

Strata Rose Chalup [KF6NBZ]                      strata "@" virtual.net
VirtualNet Consulting                            http://www.virtual.net/
 ** Project Management & Architecture for ISP/ASP Systems Integration **