Re: Odd to hear an earthquake....

From: Tom WSMF (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 12:08:20 PST

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Meltsner, Kenneth wrote:

--]I just was on a conference call about 10 minutes ago with several folks in Kirkland WA (near Seattle). We had to "call" the telecon on account of earthquake -- it must have lasted at least 15 seconds, with a couple of aftershocks. Really, really weird to be talking with them during this. Lots of "Get under the desk" and "Whoa!" comments.
--]
--]They guessed around 6, but that assumes that Kirkland was near the epicenter.

Im in downtown portland....Our building rocked and rolled . What a ride. I
hoofed it down the stairs and got as close to the river as possible:)-
Being a NYer at heart I know the nightmare of falling buildings.

Current reports have it pegged at a 7 centered just south of seattle. Cell
circuts are jammed. I cant get a call out to my folks. Landlines fare a
bit better, but not much. Calls into seattle are near doa.

More as it shakes out.

      \ /
       X ASCII Ribbon Campaign
      / \ Against HTML Mail