Re: Sad day....

From: Chuck Murcko (chuck@topsail.org)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 09:50:40 PST

Yeah, and beyond the Net (since I was taught Shannon's stuff long ago as an EE) I think we can rightly call him the Father of Communications Theory, as revolutionary an idea as quantum theory was to physics. His work applies to subjects way outside merely pushing electrons around.

Even current "analog" television is really just a sampled data system.

Sad day, indeed.

On Wednesday, February 28, 2001, at 12:44 AM, rbfar@ebuilt.com wrote:

> This is the dude who came up with concepts of "Aliasing", "Signal to Noise
> Ratio", and "Sampling Rate"....
>
> Packet loss meant nothing before him....
> Moment of silence for a most righteous, outstandingly smart dude.

Chuck
Chuck Murcko
Topsail Group
http://www.topsail.org/